About Six Degrees Medical Consulting
At Six Degrees, our job is to tell our client’s story – about data, brand, disease or company. We do so by harnessing the impressive skills of our staff to find the right vehicle for communicating the story, and the right messages that objectively and convincingly define our client’s position.
The vehicle is often a meeting: advisory board, CME event, clinical trial results meeting, etc. Every great meeting needs an innovative and interactive strategy and we are known as highly creative meeting designers. A Six Degrees event is fast-paced, dynamic and designed to engage healthcare professionals throughout.
A great program also needs vivid content: our team of highly experienced medical strategists produces slide decks that are compelling, targeted and scientifically accurate.
Whether the assignment is a new slide set or a large medical event, we enthusiastically respond to the client brief with ideas for bringing cost-effective success to every project.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing project teams in the design and implementation of projects and acts as the main point of contact with the client as well as physicians and vendors.
Key Result Areas:
- Project Planning
- Delivers a well-executed program
- Organizational & People Leadership
- Leads the integrated project team in the delivery of their assigned roles within the project and holds them accountable for the entire project lifecycle from design and delivery of the event to post meeting summaries and reconciliation of the project.
- Consults with and supports the SDM leaders (Client Service & Product and Services) in defining project requirements for existing or new clients, working with them to co-ordinate project teams, matching individual capability and availability to project requirements.
- Builds and coordinates project plans, budgets and timelines with input from the Project Managers, Meeting Managers and Medical Writers, for review and approval by the Director/VP Client Service.
- Solicits client input and approval for the project plan, budget and timelines.
- Leads and participates in client meetings with Medical Writer to determine and refine client requirements and design of meeting agenda. Coordinates the project and assists in presentation development, where necessary.
- Assigns work to ensure different components of the project come together in a timely manner (i.e. content people working in sync with the doctors/clients and building creative and visually impactful content slides; speakers submitting their presentation materials).
- Supports and guides the logistics team in their arranging of flight bookings, ground transportation, hotels, meals, AV equipment, printers, sound requirements and sourcing of 3rd party vendors to support the meeting.
- Works with the content team to develop meeting agendas, facilitator guides and other materials required for a successful event. Evaluates their effectiveness post meeting for process improvement at subsequent events. Reviews and approves showflows and other materials prepared by the Medical Writer/Project Manager or other team member.
- Interfaces regularly with clients, other key stakeholders, in order to ensure event execution is in line with commitments, expectations and budget
- Liaises with Director, Project Development & Training in response to clients’ requests to design and develop interactive learning components as part of their sales training curriculum.
- Monitors projects to ensure compliance to the contract and prepares the project reconciliation process with the respective clients and the Six Degrees Finance Department.
Delivers a Well-Executed Event
- Coordinates meeting rehearsals with the client and Content leads to review agenda, presentations, materials and incorporates changes/troubleshoots last-minute changes to content and agenda.
- Liaises and manages 3rd party vendors (i.e. AV, Sound, technology vendors) or logistical people to review their respective deliverables to ensure a smooth meeting. Troubleshoots problems throughout the meeting and ensures the delivery of a well-executed event.
- Reviews meeting program evaluations and prepares a meeting report summarizing the feedback received with follow-up actions.
Organizational & People Leadership
- Works with the SDM senior leaders in the development and implementation of effective strategies to achieve revenue and profitability growth.
- Interviews and recommends the hiring of potential candidates for various Client Service related positions based on requirements, in collaboration with the Director and VP, Client Service.
- Reviews work completed by Project Managers and Meeting Managers. Coaches and mentors less experienced PMs; guides and advises on how to proceed when problems are encountered to ensure that they are resolved promptly and that decisions and initiatives are in line with Six Degrees’ projects goals and strategies. Creates opportunities to broaden their scope on assigned projects.
Supervised/Direction Given by:
The Senior Project Manager works under the direction and supervision of the Director, Client Service, but also receives guidance and direction from the VP Client Service and VP Scientific Content and VP Product Development and Training in executing on their respective projects.
Reporting to this Position:
No direct reports
- BCom / B.A./ BSc
- 4-8 years project management experience in the development of medical education programs and development of training materials for clinical trials within an agency
- Bilingual preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Competency Requirements:
- Knowledge of the global pharmaceutical industry and related regulatory and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of and ability to research and learn about the medical specialties of the client base
- Demonstrates awareness of the cultural diversity of clients/delegates
- Knowledge of instructional design processes and adult learning is an asset
- Clear and concise communications skills – written and verbal
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changing demands
- Relationship Building; ability to build trust, credibility and respect with clients/members of the medical community
- Strong Facilitation skills
- Self-motivated, reliable and accountable
- Financial acumen and ability to work within a budget
How To Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote “Senior Project Manager” in the subject line of your email.